Sunday 13 December 2015

My Weight Loss Journey

Me and a friend in May 2011. 

I started my weight loss journey roughly in June 2013. 



Slimming World

I loved Slimming World when I first joined. I was about 19 stone at the time and managed to lose a stone in a couple of months - not bad considering there is a lot of flexibility. You can eat as much lean meat, potatoes, pasta, rice etc and you used up to 15 'syns' a day for treats such as crisps, chocolate, takeaways etc. After a couple of months, I think I just got used to the fact that I could cheat and get away with it; but then the pounds started to creep up but I just didn't really feel motivated anymore. 

I would lose a pound, gain two pounds until eventually I just stopped going to the classes. I would then rejoin and do the exact same thing until I quit again. This kept going  until July 2015 by which time I had gained what I had lost on Slimming World and more, taking me up to 20 stone. The picture is of my brother and I at his wedding in April 2013.



Cambridge Weight Plan

My manager in work had been on the Cambridge Weight Plan for a couple of weeks and everyone in my work was amazed with how much weight she was losing. She looked fantastic. Eventually I was convinced to go and see her consultant. I was taken in straight away by the plan which consisted of 4 products a day (shakes, soups, bars etc), 2.2 litres of water and 2 pints of milk (only for those with a high enough BMI). My manager and consultant kept warning me of the 3 day period where I would feel like rubbish, but it never hit me. I felt great for the whole time. The photo to the left is Ross and I in June 2015 - just before I started CWP. 


In my first week I lost 8 lbs. I did CWP for just under 2 months and lost 2 stone. It was a really great plan but you need to be 100% committed. I feel like the main reason I didn't stick with this diet is the social aspect. The period of time that I was on the plan, I had family and friends visiting nearly every weekend and the easiest thing to do is to go out to eat. Eventually, the plan faded out because my social life was taking over too much. I get quite upset when I think about where I could be just now if I had stuck to the plan - but as they always say, shoulda' coulda' woulda'. The picture on the right is the last photo I have from when I was on plan - I had lost about a stone at this point. 



I recently went to join CWP again, but with a different consultant. I really did not like them, and I will definitely not be going back to her. She didn't explain the plan properly and didn't manage to answer any of the questions I asked her which raised red flags with me. I still bought a week's worth of products from her but this time round, the 'rough' feeling really hit and I couldn't even finish a day without feeling faint and nausea and I ended up having to have something proper to eat. 

Weight Watchers

After the first time on CWP, there was a gap where I did not diet whatsoever. I managed to, again, put on what I had lost and more, taking me to 21 stone. When I weighed myself, I felt sick. I always said I never wanted to be 20 stone, and eventually the milestone got pushed to 21 stone. It comes round so quickly when you're not monitoring it. So I rushed into joining Weight Watchers Online as I didn't feel like I could fit a meeting into my weekly schedule. It was just a general fail all round - the plan was far too confusing; it could be because i'm so used to Slimming World but I just gave up at the first hurdle. 



Where am I at now?


There's my background on my Yo-Yo dieting. I'm definitely not proud of it and I always go back to thinking, imagining if i'd have stuck to SW, i'd be at target now etc etc. but i'm not and I still have a long way to go. I'm currently 21 stone, size 22 and bursting out of most of my clothes. The picture to the right is from my 21st birthday about a month ago,


I'm not currently on any diet 'plan'. I've just started back up on My Fitness Pal which i've used various times to log my eating habits and I plan on doing this until I decide once and for all what (if any) plan i'm going to do. The next time I start a diet, it will be the last diet I ever do. That's a promise i'm making to myself. 


If you want to keep update with me, you can follow me on any of the links below. 

Thanks for reading!

Lorah x

Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x