Sunday 3 April 2016

Beauty Box Journey - Glossy Box #1

I used to subscribe to Glossy Box a couple of years ago and I eventually cancelled my subscription because I found that I wasn't receiving products that I thought were value for the money that I was paying for the box.

Recently, I've been craving a beauty box subscription again and wanted to try some out. So what did I do? Signed up for three beauty boxes! Oh dear.. But I am going to cancel my least favourite two after a couple of 'trial' months and stick with the best one. Hopefully my beauty box journey will help you if you're looking to subscribe to a beauty box or if you currently get one but are interested in what others have to offer. The three boxes are Glossy Box, Birch Box and My Little Box. I'm really excited to see how they compare!



Glossy Box is a monthly subscription that costs £10 plus shipping. With each box you receive 5 beauty products and often some coupons or offers for different brands. You can also earn 'Glossydots' which is a reward based system in which you earn when you complete a short survey after you have received each box.  There is no obligation to complete the survey but I highly recommend it as it takes less than 5 minutes and you receive 20 'dots' for each one. If you refer a friend, you earn between 250 to 1000 dots. You need to earn 1000 Glossydots for a free Glossybox (so 50 surveys... that's a lot of boxes!). When you sign up, you fill out your beauty profile which means they can tailor the products to your specific beauty needs - for example if you don't wear nail polish, they won't send you nail polish etc.

Glossy Box were really fast to deliver my box which is always a plus for me as i'm so impatient. I love the sturdy boxes that they come in, and the packaging is always to elegant and makes me not want to open it!

In my box, I got five full-sized.. yes, full-sized products! I'm already sat on my couch doing the dance I do when my day is going great. I always sit with my eyes closed and pull out products as it adds to the excitement. 


The first product I pulled out is The Vintage Company Tweezers. I have a really old pair of tweezers and it's not something that I would go out of my way to buy new ones, so I was actually quite happy with this. Not to mention the design is super cute! These would usually be £8.00.



I also got a Nails Inc Polish in Uptown. I remember last time I was subscribed I only got a very small sample size of a Nails Inc Polish so extremely happy about a full sized one! The colour is so pretty. What I love about beauty boxes is that you get to try products you wouldn't buy for yourself. I wouldn't buy a pink nail polish purely because I would never think i'd suit it. But I've already had this on my nails and it is beautiful (link here)l. It's a muted pink tone and very work appropriate which I lack! This is £11.00 which is steep for a polish (again, not something I would splash on for myself).



Next thing is an eyeliner - this i'm skeptial of because I never usually wear brown eyeliner and I love my trust Kat Von Dee Tattoo Ink Liner. But hey, the box can't please everyone, and who knows, maybe when I try it i'll like it. I've never heard of the brand Nickak before but when tested on my hand it feels lovely and creamy and high quality. I will still give this a go - this is £3.99.




I also got a MonuSpa Rosewood Reviving Mist which is a spray which is meant to brighten up your skin during the day. Not the type of product I've ever used before, but I will certainly give it a go and see if it makes a difference. This is £11.95.



Lastly, I got a Naobay  Protective Hair Mask Volumising Conditioner. This tube is a massive 200ml. I've been looking for a new conditioner so i'm very happy to receive this - this would be £10.64 which is a lot more than I would usually spend on a conditioner so looking forward to seeing if it's worth it!



Overall i'm pretty impressed with the box - i'm looking forward to trying each of the products and seeing how they live up to the cost they would have been if it'd have bought them myself. I will give you reviews on them if I think they're worth it or not. The box contains over £45 worth of products which is pretty good seen as though I only paid £13.25 - that's a bargain!

Compare this to my 1st Birch Box and My Little Box!



Thanks for reading!

Lorah x


Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x