Sunday 17 April 2016

Beauty Box Journey - My Little Box #1


Even though 'My Little Box' isn't just a beauty box (it contains fashion and lifestyle items) it was one of the top 3 rated beauty boxes so i've included it. My Little Box originated from France so has a very French theme and a lot of the things in the box are in French (don't worry, they translate it all!). Just like Glossybox and Birchbox, they have their own brand called Beauté which unfortunately only ships to France, but it is something they're working on for the future!

Each month the box contains 1 product from Beauté, a fashion/lifestyle accessories, their Little World magazine and a couple of beauty products too. I was really impressed with the brands they have on partnership; these include Aussie, Benefit, Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Kiehls, Laura Mercier, Marc Jacobs and that's just to name a few.


Ahhh just look at how beautiful it is! This month's theme was My Little Flower Book and it is just gorgeous. It is definitely my favourite packaging out of the three boxes i've had and the sun has been out the past few days so it's perfect for spring!
The first thing I found when I opening up my box was a rectangle box labelled Jardin D'appartement which confused me thinking.. an apartment garden? But when I read the back, it is such a good concept! It's a little cardboard plant pot that you can grow in any small space so long as you have access to some sunlight (hopefully that's everyone!). 
 

I will try and do a short video when I actually do the planting and i'll post it here. I really like the idea of having some sort of plant (it just says seeds on the pack).

Under the box was a piece of cloth with a cardboard sign saying Pochette Pour Lingerie Vagabonde. Now, I got a C in GCSE French so I could figure out it said something for Lingerie. When I opened it up, it's a small travel sized cloth bag to keep used underwear in when travelling. It's a really handy thing to have as I usually just use a carrier bag to separate them, but now i'll use this. 




Underneath that, there was a cute drawstring bag (i'm going to need to find a use for all of these!). 


The drawstring back then contain 3 goodies!


The first thing from the bag I pulled out was the Beauté Detoxing Face Mask. I'm a little hesitant with brands of skin care that i've not tried before because my skin breaks out so easily. However i'll always try something once so fingers cross it won't harm my skin. I love the packaging - it is so cute and I really like the simplicity of it. For a mask with fruit extracts I thought it would smell of something, perhaps peaches considering the design, but that's not a bad thing because usually the less smell the better for the skin. It's a full sized product with 50ml which is always a good thing. 


Next up was a small bottle of L'Occitaine Shower Gel. I got excited over this because I love their shower gels, this scent is in Pivoine Flora and it smells so light and flower which is just perfect for spring time. It's a pretty generous sample of 75ml which is usually around £7.75. 


The last product is a Nails Inc Nail Varnish (Nails Inc like to give samples to beauty boxes!). The varnish doesn't actually seem to have a shade name on it but it's a deep purple which I would say was more autumnal than spring. From the website it looks a bit like Picadilly Circus, but I could be wrong. It's a full-sized product worth £11. 


Last but not least, I usually don't pay much attention to the magazines that beauty boxes provide but for some reason, I really enjoyed reading the My Little Magazine. It was full of amazing facts about flowers, history and fashion. It was a light read and had advertisements from the brands featured in this months box and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it; it just added another dimension to the box. 

I really liked this box and I love how each month is a totally new theme. It had made me really look forward to receiving the next one. I think out of the three boxes I've received so far, this is my favourite one. 

Compare it to my first Glossybox and Birchbox

Thanks for reading!

Lorah x

Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x