Friday 13 May 2016

April 2016 Favourites

Welcome to May! The month of Spring (unless you live in "sunny" Scotland where it has been snowing this week...). I love Spring - the pastel colours, the flowers and if you're lucky a bit of sun. Here are the things I have been loving in April.

Starting off with haircare - I bought this conditioner about a week and a half ago and I am amazed by it already. Nicky Clarke's Smooth Silk Frizz Conditioner has totally transformed my hair. I've mentioned before that my hair is not straight nor curly; it's a frizzy in between that gets even angrier when blow dried. To start off with, this product smells incredible; a mix of coconut and something fruity that I can't place. It's a really thick consistency and is infused with shea butter and argan oil. I noticed from the very first time I used it that it made a difference to my hair. Once i've used up my current shampoo I want to try their frizz shampoo as together I think it would make my hair so amazing.



With my new frizz-free hair, i've been styling it a lot more. Using my curling wand was getting too much especially for work; I feel that it was too 'done up' and took way too much time. Bring in the BaByliss Boutique Salon Ceramic Rollers. These rollers heat up super fast and old take about 20 minutes to create big bouncy curls. I have been using these so much this month, it's a perfect way to style your hair without the hassle of going full ringlets. My hair lasts really well when I use the rollers which is unusual as curls don't last very well in my hair.



It's not a great picture but it shows the bounciness of my hair without the full on curls!

When curling my hair (with a wand or rollers) it's always important for me to have volume at my roots. I have been using the Urban Fudge Iced Raspberry & Vanilla Styling Mousse. It's a really nice product and gives me volume without making my hair heavy or greasy. I've tried a couple of different mousses and this one is my favourite by far. Not to mention the smell is amazing.



Underneath my makeup I've been using the NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer. This product smooths out my skin and helps to blur any imperfections. It's a non-greasy formula and helps my makeup look flawless.



To help my flawless makeup look, I've fallen in love with Revlon Colourstay Foundation this month. You can find my full review here which explains more about why I love this foundation. I've used nothing else for my foundation i've loved it so much.



You all know my love for the Kat Von Dee Tattoo Eyeliner, but I have found a very close runner up. Ted Baker's Liquid Eyeliner gives a really sharp, jet black finish. It's so easy to apply which is helped by the pen type nib, using the tip for a thin line or the sides for a thicker line. I'd recommend this for beginners and makeup experts. (Notice how it bleeds on my hand but not on my eyes.. so strange!)




You can't beat a good highlighter - especially one that costs £3.00! The MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder gives such an incredible shimmer to the skin, I don't know why I haven't heard all beauty bloggers raving about it. It will be perfect for the Spring and Summer months when the sun decides to show face!




I've had one colour on my nails the whole month of April (and it's not because I'm too lazy to change it... okay well maybe a wee bit). It's the Barry M Nail Paint in Blueberry. It's such a Spring colour and i've had so many comments from people thinking they were a shellac manicure. I really like this polish and I will probably keep wearing it through Spring.



A non-beauty related product I have loved this month has been my Living Well One Line A Day. I bought this book when we were in Bruges. It's a small notebook that you record one line a day for 5 years. I wanted to do this because I thought it would be nice to look back on the years and see how my life has changed from when I first wrote in. A bit like a physical Time Hop!



My favourite TV/Film/Music has been the band Scouting for Girls. Yes, very old school! I have been putting a playlist together for when me and my friends go away to a log cabin and i've been revisiting my teenage years and I have been loving Scouting for Girls.

My favourite person of the month is a fellow Scottish blogger Katie from Little Katie's Little Thoughts. I've been loving her blog this month and I highly recommend going over and saying hi to her - let her know I sent you!


                                                                  Thanks for reading!

                                                                           Lorah x


Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x