Thursday 19 May 2016

Beauty Box Journey - Glossy Box #2

If you receive Glossy Box you will realise that this is rather late - oops! I've actually already received my third and final box when i'm writing this so I will be sure to get that up faster than I got this one up. 



I received a Brow Lift Perfecting Liner by Studio 10 in a medium-brown kind of colour. I usually use powder on my eyebrows and have never been a fan of using a pencil on them. The pencil had one end which was for your eyebrows and then the other end was a highlight kind of colour. I really admire Studio 10 for being a part of the #raise1brow which provides help to anyone who is affected by the visible side effects of cancer. Every pencil purchased, another one is donated to the charity LGFB. Aside from that, I found the pencil to be quite waxy and not very comfortable to apply. They describe the colour as a 'universal' shade which I don't agree with as it was too light for me and I imagine too dark for people with lighter hair than myself. I wasn't overly impressed with this product but I like the  charitable side of it. 





Next I received the Oils of Life Facial Oil by The Body Shop. As I have mentioned a hundred times before, I am not a fan of body oils - they leave me feeling greasy and horrible but i'm looking forward to switching this in instead of moisturiser to see how much of a difference it makes to my skin. I've never tried any products from the Body Shop except for their infamous body butters so i'm looking forward to seeing how this lives up to them. 




I thought this next product was a bit of a gimmick really. It's the Leighton Denny Expert Nails Miracle Mist. This product claims that it drys your nails in seconds which I struggle to believe. I wish there was a product that genuinely did this as painting my nails is my all time worst thing (except for plucking my eyebrows - ugh!) but unfortunately I will believe it when I see it. 




Again another gimmicky item were these STYLondon Temporary Henna Tattoos. I don't know of any adult that would genuinely wear these - i'm unsure of whether Glossy Box know who their target market is as this box is a bit mish-mashed. A young teenager wouldn't be using things such as face oils and adults definitely wouldn't be using temporary tattoos. 




Last but not least is a Mosaic Compact Powder from Essence. I really liked the look of this bronzer but unfortunately it's a little too shimmery for me and when I apply it to my face it looks slightly muddy. It's not a very high quality product and it reflects in the RRP of £3.00. 




Overall i'm not overly impressed with this month's Glossy Box - it seems to be confused, messy and a bit cheap to be honest. Hopefully we finish on a better note!


Read my first Glossy Box review here.



Thanks for reading!

Lorah x

Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x