Sunday 1 May 2016

Revlon Colourstay Foundation Review

Revlon is a brand that I grew up with. It was always one of those brands that I saw my older sister or my Mum wear, however it's I don't own too many products from. The exception is the Colorstay foundation.

I bought this product a couple of years ago and I really liked using it - the only thing that put me off was the bottle had no pump which meant you had to use the stick to transfer the product to your hand and then to the brush. It was a load of hassle that I just don't have time for in the mornings! This must have been an issue for a lot of people as Revlon have finally changed it to a pump! Hooray! They changed a couple of months ago and I have heard nothing but metaphoric fist pumps in the air from every beauty user. Why Revlon didn't do this years ago, I don't know.



I use the colour Buff in the Combination/Oily formulation. I couldn't actually remember what formula I had last time I used it  because even though I have oily skin I can also get dry patches too. I bought this foundation online so for me to pick a colour that was so perfect for my skin was a miracle. I find it hard to get a pale foundation without it being either orange or cakey but this is just amazing on the skin. It  blends really nicely so there's no line between my neck and face.

The consistency of the foundation is a really thick, almost gel like texture. I was a bit weary because I have been using BB Creams for the past few months as I had been put off by heavy foundations. I used the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and I used it damp and it created a beautiful dewy finish on my skin. It was a light-medium coverage.

I think I preferred to use the foundation with a dry sponge as this created a medium-full coverage foundation and as I am quite prone to spots around my chin area this covered them perfectly.

The foundation claims it enables 24 hour wear, and whilst I haven't ever had the need to keep my foundation on for that amount of time, I have worn it for around 12-14 hours and it hasn't budged in the slightest. If you have oily skin, you know that this is such an important thing.

I really liked this foundation and I think it is great value at £12.99. I have been using it exclusively for around two weeks and I have used barely any product. I highly recommend trying this out if you're after a very versatile foundation.


Thanks for reading!

Lorah x


Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x