Friday 17 June 2016

Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner Review

I don't have a 'usual' magazine that I buy; instead i'm very heavily influenced by what free beauty items comes with them. This month I bought InStyle and the free gifts were either an Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner or the Eyeko Black Magic Drama and Curl Mascara. I'd actually received the mascara in my third Birch Box not long before so I chose the eyeliner. 



As you all know, i'm very loyal to my Kat Von Dee Tattoo Eyeliner, it's just the best product i've tried so far. My first impression of the Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner was that it really lived up to it's name, the applicator was really thick and I was a little apprehensive about how neat I was going to be able to do my liner. I tested it on my hand at first and I was really impressed with the jet black colour and also how nice it glided. After a couple of seconds I ran my finger across it and it had dried completely and didn't smudge - so far so good! 




When I got round to trying this out as part of my full makeup I was utterly impressed by the ease of applying it. I even might go as far as to say this is easier to apply that my Kat Von Dee. The thick nib makes it easier to apply and it doesn't pull my eyelid as it applies, it just flows across. I managed to perfect my flick first time (a very rare occasion) and off I went! 

The only negative to this eyeliner is that after a while it did start to transfer onto the top of my eyelids and I couldn't even wipe it off with my hand as it had dried in. This is what sets it apart from an amazing eyeliner because despite it being easy to apply, if it doesn't stay put and transfers then it's not as good as a lot of other products. 

It's such an easy product to apply and i'm so disappointed that it didn't stay put as I really did want to like it. I'll definitely still use it up but I will make sure I have a makeup wipe at hand to remove the transfer. Hopefully if they ever reformulate the liner they might make the lasting power better!


Thanks for reading!

Lorah x

Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x