Monday 6 June 2016

Hawaiian Tropic Protective Dry Oil SPF15


As you all know I'm not a massive fan of body oils as i feel like i'd be uncomfortable and greasy. This was a conclusion I came to after trying just one product which is wrong but sometimes it's hard to ignore once you've made your mind up about something. I received the Hawaiian Tropic Protective Dry Oil SPF15 in my third Glossybox and I just kind of put it to one side and moved on to the next product; it didn’t really catch my eye. I've seen this product before in supermarkets but i've never really been in the market for buying tanning oil mostly due to living in Scotland and I always pile on a high SPF to  save myself from burning. 

I found myself reaching for it when I was packing to go away for a week at a lodge and it was due to be quite hot weather. I tried it for the first time when we all went out fishing late morning, I put it on my legs and arms but then used a higher factor sun cream on my shoulders and face. 



When I was applying the product I instantly regretted putting it on because of the burnt smell the product gives off with a hint of coconut - its not a nice smell to be covering your body in but I persevered  When I was looking at pictures that we had taken from that fishing trip my skin looked so much more tanned, and that was in a matter of hours. That evening I had a check over myself and I was a really nice brown colour. I was so happy because I never tan, only burn. Considering this is only a 15 SPF and it’s an oil it was quite comfortable to wear - more comfortable than standard suncream. The oil does sit on your skin so once you’re done sunbathing it would be advisable to wash it off if you're putting different clothes on etc. Despite the smell, I liked how it made my skin look healthy and glowing. I definitely think I will be reaching for this over suncream in the future and it really has changed my perspective on body oils. 


Thanks for reading!

Lorah x

Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x