Sunday 24 April 2016

Beauty Box Journey - Birch Box #2

I can't believe i'm on my second Birch Box already. Getting packages in the post nowadays makes me so excited because most of the time it's one of my beauty boxes! This month's Birch Box was designed by The Rifle Paper Co who are a married couple based in Florida and are now a massive international brand - their website is amazing, I am definitely going to be purchasing a few things from them, especially because the box included a 25% off coupon! Plus, look at the Birch Box design! It is incredible; so bright and inviting.  





In the drawstring bag (which was a lovely blue colour this month) was 5 products; 2 hair, 1 foot and 2 makeup which I feel is a really good mix of products. 


The first product that caught my eye was the one wrapped in bubble wrap.. The intrigue was too much to wait until the end. It was a small bottle of NUXE Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil. The oil can be used for the face, body or hair but i'd probably only use it on my hair as I hate the feeling of oil on my skin. I love it when samples come in miniature versions of the full-sized product, I think it's so cute. This is a 10ml sample which will likely last me ages. 


The second hair product is Parlor Detangling Leave-In Conditioner. I've used a leave-in conditioner before from the brand Fudge and I really liked it but haven't been able to find it since. I'm really looking forward to trying this. The sample is 30ml. 


I also received a sample of Benefit's They're Real Mascara. Subscribers got a variety of Benefit products and i'm slightly disappointed that this is the one I received. The other products you could receive were Dew The Hoola, Air Patrol or Bad Gal Lash. I've not tried any of those products but that's just unfortunate as Birch Box can't accommodate to every last thing for everyone. I'd have loved to try the Dew The Hoola because I love the powder - but i'll have the buy it myself (perhaps using some Birch Box points!). As I said above, I've tried this mascara before but I can't remember liking it all that much because I never went and bought the full-sized one but i'm happy to try it again.  This was a 3g sample. 



Next up, another eye beauty product, was an eyeliner from Cynthia Rowley. I really like receiving eyeliners in beauty boxes because I use them so much I get really good use out of them, plus i'm always looking for a staple eyeliner! Currently mine is the Kat Von Dee Tattoo Liner. When I tried this on my hand, it's a really soft pencil so i'm not sure how well it will stay on my eyes and not transfer, but i'll definitely give it a try. 




The last product I received was Kueshi Foot Care Cream. I was really excited to see a foot cream in my box because (this is probably TMI) I get really hard skin on the bottom of my feet and I've recently just bought a PediPro Deluxe so this will be the perfect accompaniment when I use that. This cream smells like Albas Oil which could put a couple of people off, but I love that smell so I don't mind smelling like i'm 80 years old!


That is all the products I received in my second Birch Box! I think this box's packaging has overtaken the My Little Box design and also I think the products were better too. So far I think Glossybox is in last place - but there are still two boxes to go for them! Maybe they can pull it back. Make sure you click follow to make sure you are the first to find out. 

Thanks for reading!

Lorah x

Please follow me on Bloglovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts on this post! I will reply to each and everyone of you :) Many thanks x